A alumni email address tells the world you graduated from this top-ranked university. It's free, easy to access, and all U of T alumni are eligible.
- Did you graduate in or before 2011? Log in below, or apply for an account if you don't already have one.
- Did you graduate in or after 2012? Your account has automatically been created for you. Log in below:
Log in to access your Alumni email:
If you had an alumni email address ending only in @utoronto.ca, access your updated email account here:
- Is this your first time accessing your updated @alumni.utoronto.ca account? Please follow these set-up instructions first. You do NOT have to request a new account; your account has already been updated for you.
- Learn more about the changes to your account – including email forwarding, message migration, and iPhone/Android set-up
- Forgot your password? Reset password
Not sure which log-in link to use? Try logging into both the Gmail and Microsoft 365 log-ins above: one of them will be associated with your account, and allow you to log in and/or reset your password. If you are still having difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For technical support with your email, please go to the Help & FAQs (below your appropriate log-in link above).
About the transition from UTORMail
As of Fall 2021, U of T is gradually transitioning some alumni email accounts from the older UTORmail system to a more centralized and secure email system called UTMail+, powered by Microsoft 365. These email addresses will now end in @alumni.utoronto.ca.
At this stage of the initiative, only email accounts with addresses ending in @utoronto.ca have been migrated to the new system.
- Emails sent to your previous email address will be forwarded to your new one for a minimum of six months.
- Your email messages have already been migrated to your updated account.
- Note: due to technical limitations, folders labelled with special characters (such as &, ~ or non-English characters) and large messages (over 17.5mb, or more than 100 attachments in a single message) have not been migrated. If your messages have not been moved, please contact Help Desk at 416-978-4357 or email@example.com for assistance.
If you had a @utoronto.ca alumni email account, you can now set up and access your new @alumni.utoronto.ca email account. Follow the instructions in the links below:
- Set up your new account (make sure to generate a temporary password and enable password recovery)
- Note: the first part of your email address will remain the same, and can be used to log in for the first time. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org will become email@example.com.
- Connect your new account to your iPhone or Android mail app if desired
- Connect your new account to a desktop email program such as Outlook (Windows or Mac), Thunderbird (Windows or Mac) or Mac Mail if desired
Note: if you graduated in or after 2012, this transition initiative will not affect you: you're already on the new system (powered by Microsoft, with an email address ending in @alum.utoronto.ca).