NOMINATE AN OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEER
The Arbor Awards recognize U of T volunteers who, through their exemplary generosity, make sustained and valuable contributions to the experience of U of T students, faculty, staff and alumni.
This award is the highest honour given to U of T volunteers. The expectation is that the nominating division has honoured their nominee appropriately at the divisional level before submitting them for an Arbor Award.
Nominations must come from a divisional alumni office and cannot be submitted directly by alumni or friends of the University. Please contact the appropriate division below if you wish to suggest someone for an Arbor Award.
- Nominees must have provided (or currently be providing) outstanding volunteer service to either:
1) one Division in order to be eligible in the Divisional Category
2) more broadly across the University, focused on more than one faculty/college/department in order to be eligible in the Central Category
- Nominees must be alumni or friends of the University with a minimum of 3 years of continuous service as a U of T volunteer as of the date of the nomination. This service must be within one year immediately leading up to the nomination deadline.
- Volunteer service as a student is ineligible; eligibility commences once the student has graduated and become an alumnus/a of the University.
- Nominees cannot have previously received an Arbor Award.
- Nominees cannot be sitting politicians, elected or appointed officials or currently serving on Governing Council.
- Nominees must be living alumni or friends of the University of Toronto.
- Posthumous awards will be considered only if the nominee has passed away within one year of the current year’s nomination deadline.
- Volunteers who are currently faculty or staff must pass an additional threshold of expectations in order to be considered for an Arbor Award which is intended for alumni and friends and not for individuals employed by the university. Additional criteria for faculty and staff nominations may be viewed here.
The 2021 nomination period is currently open and will close on April 16, 2021. Use the link below to ensure you are using the current nomination form.
Several fields in the nomination form are mandatory; please ensure you have all the required information or you will be unable to submit your form.
Each nomination must be submitted separately. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com