TELL US ABOUT AN OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEER
We love to hear about the outstanding U of T volunteers who, through their tremendous generosity, make an outstanding contribution to the experience of U of T students, faculty, staff and alumni. Please contact the appropriate alumni division below if you wish to suggest someone for an Arbor Award.
Note that nominations must come from a divisional alumni office and cannot be submitted directly by alumni or friends of the University.
Nominations are now open and must be submitted no later than Friday, April 13, 2018.
Eligibility for Arbor Awards
To be eligible to win an Arbor Award, a recipient must:
- Have provided (or be currently providing) outstanding volunteer service to either a) one Division in order to be eligible in the Divisional Category, or b) across the University more broadly focused on more than one faculty/college/department) in order to be eligible in the Central Category.
- Have served U of T as a volunteer for a minimum of 3-5 years, with at least 3 years of continuous service as of the date of nomination.
- Nominees who do not meet the minimum years of service may be submitted for consideration based on clearly demonstrated breadth and impact of service. The onus is on Nominator to ensure these qualities are explicitly outlined and demonstrated in the nomination form. These nominations are subject to review by the selection committee.
- Have not previously have received an Arbor Award.
- Not be a sitting politician, elected or appointed official or currently serving in a governance capacity at U of T.
- Be a living alumnus/a or friend of the University of Toronto (Posthumous awards will be considered only in exceptional circumstances and if the nominee has passed away within one year of the upcoming ceremony).
Faculty and staff nominations
The Arbor Awards serve as recognition for the University’s outstanding volunteers from the alumni and friends community. Only in exceptional circumstances will current or previous employees of the University of Toronto be considered. These faculty or staff nominations are not automatically accepted, but must pass an additional threshold of expectations and consideration by DUA in order to ensure their appropriateness and eligibility. Faculty and staff eligibility is as follows:
- Their volunteer contributions must be clearly demonstrated as being outside the parameters and expectations of their daily job and in no way related to the scope of their job function at the University.
Nomination form for alumni offices
Several fields in the nomination form are mandatory; please ensure you have all the required information or you will be unable to submit your form.
Each nomination must be submitted separately. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org