TELL US ABOUT AN OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEER
We love to hear about the outstanding U of T volunteers who, through their tremendous generosity, make an outstanding contribution to the experience of U of T students, faculty, staff and alumni.
The Arbor Award is the highest honour given to U of T volunteers; therefore, the expectation is that the nominating division has honoured their nominee appropriately at the divisional level before submitting them for an Arbor Award.
Note that nominations must come from a divisional alumni office and cannot be submitted directly by alumni or friends of the University. Please contact the appropriate division below if you wish to suggest someone for an Arbor Award.
- Nominees must have provided (or currently be providing) oustanding volunteer service to either:
1) one Division in order to be eligible in the Divisional Category
2) more broadly across the University, focused on more than one faculty/college/department in order to be eligible in the Central Category
- Nominees must be alumni or friends of the University with a minimum of 3 years of continuous service as a U of T volunteer as of the date of the nomination. This service must be within one year immediately leading up to the nomination deadline.
- Volunteer service as a student is ineligible; eligibility commences once the student has graduated and become an alumnus/a of the University.
- Nominees cannot have previously received an Arbor Award
- Nominees cannot be sitting politicians, elected or appointed officials or currently serving on Governing Council.
- Nominees must be living alumnus/a or friend of the University of Toronto.
- Posthumous awards will be considered only if the nominee has passed away within one year of the current year’s nomination deadline.
- Posthumous nominees must be submitted for individual volunteer contributions only; they cannot be submitted for posthumous addition to a past group Arbor Award.
The nomination period is currently closed and will reopen in early 2020.
Nomination form for alumni offices
Several fields in the nomination form are mandatory; please ensure you have all the required information or you will be unable to submit your form.
Each nomination must be submitted separately. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com