TELL US ABOUT AN OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEER
We love to hear about the outstanding U of T volunteers who, through their tremendous generosity, make an outstanding contribution to the experience of U of T students, faculty, staff and alumni. Please contact the appropriate alumni division below if you wish to suggest someone for an Arbor Award.
Note that nominations must come from a divisional alumni office and cannot be submitted directly by alumni or friends of the University.
Nominations will next open in the spring of 2020.
Eligibility for Arbor Awards
To be eligible to win an Arbor Award, a recipient must:
- Have provided (or be currently providing) outstanding volunteer service to either a) one Division in order to be eligible in the Divisional Category, or b) across the University more broadly focused on more than one faculty/college/department) in order to be eligible in the Central Category.
- Be an alumna/us or friend of the University with at least 3 years of continuous service as a U of T volunteer as of the date of the nomination; this service must be within the 1 year immediately leading up to the nomination deadline.
- Note that volunteer service as a student is ineligible; eligibility commences once the student has graduated and become an alumnus/a of the University.
- We strongly recommend that you do not submit nominees who do not meet the minimum years of service. Any nominees who do not meet this minimum will be assessed at a higher threshold of breadth and impact of service. The onus is on the Nominator to ensure these qualities are explicitly outlined and clearly demonstrated in the nomination form. These nominations are subject to evaluation by the selection committee.
- Have not previously received an Arbor Award.
- Not be a sitting politician, elected or appointed official or currently serve on the Governing Council of the University of Toronto.
- Be a living alumnus/a or friend of the University of Toronto. Posthumous awards will be considered only in exceptional circumstances and if the nominee has passed away within one year of the upcoming ceremony. Nominees must be submitted for consideration based their individual volunteer contributions only; they cannot be submitted for posthumous addition to a past group Arbor Award.
Faculty and staff nominations
The Arbor Awards serve as recognition for the University’s outstanding volunteers from the alumni and friends community. Only in exceptional circumstances will current or previous employees of the University of Toronto be considered. These faculty or staff nominations are not automatically accepted, but must pass an additional threshold of expectations and consideration by DUA in order to ensure their appropriateness and eligibility. Faculty and staff eligibility is as follows:
- Their volunteer contributions must be clearly demonstrated as being outside the parameters and expectations of their daily job and in no way related to the scope of their job function at the University.
Nomination form for alumni offices
Several fields in the nomination form are mandatory; please ensure you have all the required information or you will be unable to submit your form.
Each nomination must be submitted separately. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com