Make the Most of the Conference
This guide is about YOU, and YOUR experience at Next Steps. Use this as a tool to prepare your conference strategies, remember the network connections you make, think through the information you will hear, and build your future plans.
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE: Invest 20 minutes to build your strategies
- Set your learning goals. To make the most of your experience at Next Steps, it helps to identify what you want to learn here. Setting these goals now will make it easier to recognize and remember when someone talks about something related.
- Align your learning goals with the sessions that are offered.
- Consider things you might want to ask and things you might want to share about yourself with people you meet at the conference.
- If you arrive early, join the business card print shop to prepare for your networking event!
- Plan on staying for the full two days of the Conference. We’ve made sure that both days are jam-packed with opportunities to learn about careers connected to your degrees and beyond, to meet professionals in these fields and to develop important skills.
AT THE CONFERENCE
- Participate in your sessions, talk to fellow students, alumni and staff. Keep track of your connections.
- Ask your questions – help out other students by being the one to speak up during the sessions.
- Keep track of your experience by using the conference guide you will receive to take notes, apply the career tools, and build your future actions list.
- Share your thoughts at the Graffiti Wall and tell us about your Next Steps experiences.
- Connect with people on Social Media using #uoftnextsteps
AFTER THE CONFERENCE