In addition to Divisional nominations, each Division may also nominate individuals in the Central Category for consideration by the Division of University Advancement.
- Each Division may nominate up to two* individuals in the Central Category for consideration.
- Each Affiliate may nominate up to three* alumni and/or friends of the university for consideration.
*It is not necessary to nominate the maximum number allotted
All nominations submitted in the Central category will be reviewed and assessed by the Division of University Advancement for eligibility and to ensure they meet criteria.
To be eligible, a recipient must:
- Be a living alumnus/a or friend of the University of Toronto
- Posthumous awards will be considered only in exceptional circumstances and if the nominee has passed away within one year of the upcoming ceremony.
- Have provided (or be currently providing) outstanding volunteer service across the university (focused on more than one faculty/college/department) for a minimum of three years
- Nominees who do not meet the minimum years of service may be submitted for consideration based on clearly demonstrated breadth and impact of service. Nominators should ensure these qualities are explicitly outlined and demonstrated in the nomination form
- Have not previously have received an Arbor Award.
The Arbor Awards serve as recognition for the University’s outstanding volunteers from the alumni and friends community.
Only in exceptional circumstances will current or previous employees of the University of Toronto be considered. Faculty and staff eligibility is as follows:
- Their volunteer contributions must be clearly demonstrated as being outside the parameters and expectations of their daily job and in no way related to the scope of their job function at the University.
Note that faculty or staff nominations are not automatically accepted. They must pass an additional threshold of expectations and consideration by DUA in order to ensure their appropriateness and eligibility.
Submit a Nomination